Taking records and making intraoral prostheses
» You are here » Doctors » Making records
For the manufacture of oral devices it is necessary to have the expert advice of a dentist and dental laboratory cooperation, experienced in this practice.
- Taking alginate or silicone records of both dental arches.
- Empty hard plaster impressions.
- To assess the degree of mandibular advancement. To register the desired protrusion, the gauge is the best tool for controlling in millimeters the mandibular advancement desired for each case. It consists of a movable fork in a system of fixed calibration. Inserted into the patient's mouth, we slid the fork on the calibration meter to calculate the maximum degree of profusion. Although there are other devices with similar characteristics, it is the only one, that allows precise control of the accurately millimetric advancement getting an exact progress of between 60 and 70%, which is the exact point, where the upper airway is free and do not obstruct the air passage .
- Chosen test Model: After the complete scanning, the professional dental choose the Orthoapnea, that suits best to the characteristics of patients according to their teeth (higher edentulism, the carrier of prostheses over implants etc.) Adaptation to the new device happens in several days , incorporating the adjustments and modifications necessary for the proper fit of the prosthesis.
- It is very useful to a patients initial cephalometric study to establish a temporal sequence of progress. Today through the scanner the degree of openness of the tissues in 3D can be seen.
- Evaluation of the patient after two months of using the device. Assessment of remission of subjective symptoms. New cephalometric study. Polysomnography (Apnealink) to evaluate the remission of nocturnal symptoms, respiratory events and AHI. This is the time to make adjustments and modifications, if necessary.
- Common Dental services for patients using this type of prosthesis is recommended for the first year of use.